1. If you are going to present in the evening, ensure your face is sufficiently lit. You may need to place a lamp / torch before you.
2. Adjust the angle of the camera such that the ceiling light would not appear above your head to avoid distraction.
3. For ladies, you might wish to put on some make-up when you present online because the distance between you and the online audience is different from real lifepresentations.
1. The quality of built-in camera of a laptop is acceptable in general, though it might not have the highest quality. Some might wish to add an external webcam (Do check if its specifications are compatible /can be used with your laptop and the online platform).
2. Some people may choose to use the camera of the mobile phone instead by mounting the phone on a tripod that comes with a phone holder. Some tripods in the market are even affixed with lights with adjustable colour temperature.
3. If you are logging onto the online platform such as Zoom using both mobile phone and laptop, make sure to disable the mic of the laptop by changing the computer settings. Just muting the mic in the normal way would not be sufficient.
4. Stick something around the camera of your laptop would help you focus so that your eyes will not wander.
5. Do make sure you appear in the middle of the screen.
1. Using the headphones on the laptop/mobile phone allow you to hear what the other people are sayingmore clearly.
2. The normal earphone we are using with our phones works sufficiently well for talking at an ordinary meeting.
3. Some might prefer to use a clip mic, a handheld mic or USB mic. Or try to speak without a mic.
4. Bluetooth mic – you might have to make sure that there would not be any connection problem in advance.