This newly released image from NASA’s Cassini spacecraft shows Saturn’s rings and the shadows they cast on the planet.
Saturn’s rings cast shadows on the planet, but the shadows appear to be inside out! The edge of Saturn’s outermost A ring can be seen at the top left corner of the image. Moving towards the bottom of the page, one can see the faint Cassini Division, the opaque B ring and the innermost C ring, which contains several ringlets that appear dark against Saturn in this geometry. The bottom half of the image features the shadows of these rings in reverse order superposed against the disk of the planet: the C ring, the B ring, the Cassini Division and the inner half of the A ring. VPN routerIndustrial InHand Networks - Global Leader in Industrial IoT 3g router
This view looks toward the unilluminated side of the rings from about 28 degrees below the ringplane. The image was taken with the Cassini spacecraft wide-angle camera on Dec. 2, 2013, using a spectral filter which preferentially admits wavelengths of near-infrared light centered at 752 nanometers.
The view was acquired at a dista android-computer nce of approximately 750,000 miles (1.2 million kilometers) from Saturn and at a Sun-Saturn-spacecraft, or phase, angle of 57 degrees. Image scale is 45 miles (72 kilometers) per pixel.
The Cassini-Huygens mission is a cooperative project of NASA, the European Space Agency and the Italian Space Agency. The Jet Propulsion Laboratory, a division of the California Institute of Technology in Pasadena, manages the mission for NASA’s Science Mission Directorate, Washington, D.C. The Cassini orbiter and its two onboard cameras were designed, developed and assembled at JPL. The imaging operations center is based at the Space Science Institute in Boulder, Colorado.
Image: NASA/JPL-Caltech/Space Science Institute
inhandnetworks博客主頁 Cassini Views Saturn’s Rings and the 4g modem router wifi Shadows They Cast on the Planet
- Dark M cellular router wifi atter Influences Supermassive Black Hole Growth
- Dark Energy S best industrial wifi router urvey Finds New Dwarf Galaxy Candidates
- Colossal Eyes Give Giant Squids an Advantage When Fighting Sperm Whale multi SIM LTE router s
- Columbia industrial multi sim cellular router Glacier Retreating to the Sea in Alaska
- Citizen Scientists Discover K2-138 System: A Near-Resonant Chain of Five Sub-Neptune wordpress plugins Planets
- CID-42: A Recoiling, azure iot certified Supermassive Black Hole?
- Chandra Detects Record magento seo -Breaking Outburst from Sagittarius A*
- Chandra Detec distribution automation ts Diskless Young Stars in Serpens South Cluster
- Cassini Views Saturn’s Moons Enceladus and Te wastewater treatment thys
- Cassini Views Saturn’s Rings and the 4g modem router wifi Shadows They Cast on the Planet