Many listed companies are required by the rules of the stock exchange with which they have to comply to announce quarterly results.
The purposes of such requirement are to ensure transparency and to provide timely information of the performance of the companies to the investors. Such arrangement prompts the management to monitor the business closely.
On a personal level, quarterly review is a good way to ensure we are on track.
The author set out a list of goals in the Blog posted on 14 February 2016.
Let's see the performance and hope you, the readers may be inspired to conduct for yourselves a similar review.
1. Goal - stretching daily for at least ten minutes.
Result - Achieved.
2. Goal - stand on one foot for one minute, with eyes open or closed, by the end of 2016.
Result - with eyes open, can stand on one foot (right or left) for one minute by the end of March.
But if eyes are closed, it is much more difficult and still searching for the good way to do so. Welcome for tips from the readers.
3. Goal - Weigh 138-145 pounds by the end of 2016.
Result - As of 31 March, I weigh 134 pounds. May have to eat more.
4. Goal - cure the left knee pain by the end of May 2016.
Result - not yet fully recovered. A friend referred the author to another Chinese herbal doctor in Yaumatei. Hope he could help.
5. Performance on other areas
(1) went hiking for three times in the first quarter;
(2) finished reading the book " Jumpstart Your Thinking";
(3) posted 32 blogs; and
(4) movies watched - The Big Short, Kung Fu Panda 3, Journey to the West and a few others.
On the whole, the author thinks that right things have been done in the first quarter to achieve the goals set for the year 2016.
The next important thing to do is to do the right things consistently.
How about you, my dear readers?
May I urge you to examine the past 90 days with a view to finding ways to nourish your mind and body.
It is never too late to strive to achieve your dream!